I will hold a Classroom (instructor-led) Hunter Education Course the week of February 10-15, 2020, at the Valley High School Music Room in Orderville, Utah:
Monday through Thursday, the course will be taught from 3:00-5:00p. Friday will be a test review and written test day, and will go from 1:30-3:30. Saturday will be the Shooting Test from about 10:00-11:00, to be held at the state gravel pit off US-89 just south of Mt. Carmel:
On the FIRST day of the class, please bring:
- A Hunter Education Registration Certificate (available online or anywhere hunting licenses are sold, like Glaziers in Kanab)
- NOTE: I will need to sign your actual certificate for it to become a valid hunting license. You may bring the online temporary license for the purposes of class completion but may need to bring me the paper one mailed to you by the DWR later for me to sign. If you’re inside of two weeks before the class, it may be preferable to purchase your certificate over the counter.
- A pencil
- A parent/guardian (if younger than age 16)
- DO NOT bring any firearms or ammunition!
For the shooting test on Saturday, you will need to bring:
- Gun and ammunition for testing (but leave it unloaded and in your car upon arrival).
- A cardboard box to hang your target on (it’s the size of a standard sheet of paper).
- Clothing appropriate for the outdoor shooting range, and a blanket or tarp to lay on if desired for the prone-position shooting portion.
- Eye and ear protection.