I will hold a Field Day for those who have completed their Internet-based course on Monday, 17 Feb 2020 from 1:00-3:00p at the Valley High School Music Room in Orderville, Utah:
NOTE: After the initial exercises and the written test, we’ll relocate to the outdoor shooting range to finish up the certification. Please dress appropriately for the weather.
You will need to complete one of the online courses available on the Utah DWR website BEFORE coming to the Field Day.
On the day of the class, please bring:
- The Certificate of Completion from the online course
- A Hunter Education Registration Certificate (available online or anywhere hunting licenses are sold, like Glaziers in Kanab)
- NOTE: I will need to sign your actual certificate for it to become a valid hunting license. You may bring the online temporary license for the purposes of class completion but may need to bring me the paper one mailed to you by the DWR later for me to sign. If you’re inside of two weeks before the class, it may be preferable to purchase your certificate over the counter.
- A pencil
- A parent/guardian (if younger than age 16)
- Gun and ammunition for testing (but leave it unloaded and in your car upon arrival).
- A cardboard box to hang your target on (it’s the size of a standard sheet of paper).
- Clothing appropriate for the outdoor shooting range, and a blanket or tarp to lay on if desired for the prone-position shooting portion.
- Eye and ear protection.